Top Day Trips from Barcelona. Where are the best places for day trips from Barcelona. Barcelona has many suberb attractions but after a few days in the city it is a great idea to plan a day tour or a half-day tour outside Barcelona. Catalonia has many great attractions and things to do that are just a couple of hours from Barcelona city. Please read on to see the places we recommend you visit outside Barcelona.
By Train: Yes, you can easily plan your own day trips by train. The Catalunya railway network is modern, safe and well organised with connections to most major towns and cities. There are three train stations in Barcelona where you can catch trains to different day tour destinations. Take the metro to one of the stations and then the train to your day tour destinations.
Small Group Tours: If you want to avoid delays, queues and connections times then a private small group tours is a great way to spend day trips, because they include hotel pick-up and drop-off and a guide for the day. No time wasted waiting - no holiday time spent if you get lost and more information and help at your fingertips.
Top destinations for day trips from Barcelona:
- Beaches outside Barcelona. Spend a day or afternoon on beautiful beaches to the north and south of Barcelona
- Andorra and the Pyrenees mountains. 3 countries in one day - Spectacular in both summer and winter
- Montserrat Mountains. The impressvie Montserrat jagged peaks are a very popular day trip. Barcelona also some lovely natural parks within 1 hour from the city
- The Costa Brava - beautiful coastline north of Barcelona with cliffs and small coves with beaches
- Vineyards - from Barcelona you can visit world famous wineries that make excellent Spanish wines and Cava sparkling wine.
- Girona - Spend a day exploring the town of Girona
Scroll down the page to see photos of some of the many places that you can visit on day trips from Barcelona. If you have questions contact us here .
TIP: Plan a fantastic day that is all your own in and outside Barcelona with a private mini-van with driver/guide for a half- or full day at a fixed price. Great for all types of travellers from singles to groups. Book the Make Your Day Tour and you will have a half or full day to see all the sights both in and outside Barcelona. You decide what the timetable is and how long to stay at each destination.