7 hour Girona half-day tour from Barcelona in a small group See historic Girona, the City of Sieges on a walking tour of Girona medieval area, the Jewish quarter and Girona cathedral.
* Includes free hotel/apartment pick-up & drop off
* Small groups of 7 guests
* Tour available Monday to Friday
* Sorry, no cruise ship pick-ups or airport transferss
#B10 Tour timetable
Pick-up time around 07:30 at your hotel or residence
Drop-off time around 14:30 at your hotel or residence
#B10 Tour duration
Total tour time including transport is 7 hours, of which 3 hours is driving and 4 hours is walking
#B10 Tour overview
Small group tour. Our Girona tour has an early 7.30 am personal hotel pick-up and mid-afternoon drop off at your hotel or apartment in Barcelona. The tour starts with a drive one hour and 30 minutes drive north to the beautiful city of Girona, where we spend 4 hours exploring the old medieval quarter on foot. We see the charming hanging houses of the Onyar river, then walk through the historic part of Girona visiting the Rambla, the old Roman road Via Augusta and the maze of narrow streets of the Jewish quarter, once the most important Jewish community in Spain in the middle ages. We walk up to the highest point and visit the spectacular Girona cathedral, then we finish on the medieval city walls with views of Girona and the Pyreneees mountains. Guests should plan to have lunch after their drop-off in Barcelona
Please note. This tour visits the Jewish quarter but entrance to Jewish museum in Girona is not included on the standard tour. For Girona tours with Jewish museum visit please inquire about private tours.
#B10 Special considerations
* Guests should wear walking shoes or trainers, not flip flops, sandals or high heels.
* A normal level of fitness is required.
* Children must be minimum
8 years on standard tours
* Children must be
4 years on private tours and 1 mtr (3 ft 3 in tall and able to sit on a child booster seat with adult seat belt for the entire duration of the driving time.
* No cruise pick-ups or cruise ship or airport transfers
HEALTH and WALKING: The standard tour is not recommended for guests with reduced mobility or walking difficulties. It includes around 4 hours of walking on paths with quite steep inclines and many steps. Please inquire about a private tour if you would prefer a Girona tour with less walking and a slower pace.
Prices #B10 Half-day Girona Tour
Price per person is €99
Prices 2 to 7 persons are:
7 persons - € 99 per person = €693
6 persons - € 99 per person = €594
5 persons - € 99 per person = €495
4 persons - € 99 per person = €396
3 persons - € 99 per person = €297
2 persons - € 99 per person = €198
Sorry, no 1 person bookings/pickups
* We cannot guarantee departure for groups under 6 persons. For larger groups than 7 persons or private tours please contact us using the booking form
Included in B10 tour price
- pick-up/drop off at your hotel/residence in Barcelona
- ticket Girona cathedral
- walking tour Girona medieval city and Jewish quarter
- English speaking guide who stays with you all day
- free water in minivan
Not included in B10 tour price
Girona has a charming and authentic medieval quarter and Jewish quarter called El Call
Girona's medieval walls and houses are charming to see from the medieval walls
Girona cathedral has the second widest nave in the world.
City arches from 13th century on Girona's Rambla street
Steps to Girona cathedral during flower festival.
Views from Girona medieval city walls
Girona wall walk
Girona's gothic area
Carrer de la Força is the old Roman Via Augusta road in Girona
Guests who liked this tour also looked at:
Booking and Tour Terms & Conditions:
1) Reservations are usually confirmed within 12 hours by email.
2) We do not offer family, senior, children or group discounts because our groups sizes are very small
3) Children must be minimum 8 years of age for all standard tours. Contact us for private tours with children under 8 years.
4) Many of our tours have several hours of walking, so a normal level of fitness is required. Our tours are not suitable for people with bad hips or knees or other mobility impairments. It is the responsibility of the person booking to inform us of any special needs or health issues including walking difficulties or fitness issues.
5) We do not offer tours to wedding stag groups or groups in fancy dress
6) Tours are non-alcoholic and non-smoking during transport
7) Guests can bring their own meals or snacks but they cannot be consumed in the minivan.
8) Only water can be consumed in minivan. Sweet fizzy drinks and alcholic drinks are not permitted
9) Tour prices do not include meals and snacks
10) Tours are only in English language